Press Releases - 2015 Archives
Sun Country & Spirit Airlines to Relocate to Terminal 2 Airline moves part of the Terminal 3 Modernization Program
Phoenix, AZ – Sun Country and Spirit Airlines will relocate from Terminal 3 to Terminal 2 in April as part of the Terminal Modernization Program at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
- Beginning Wednesday, April 8, all Sun Country flights will operate out of Terminal 2.
- Effective Thursday, April 16, at 6 p.m., all Spirit Airlines flights will operate out of Terminal 2.
Travelers flying on or around these dates should be aware that they may be departing from one terminal and returning to another terminal.
For those travelers needing to access Terminal 3, Terminal 4, East Economy Parking or Valley Metro Rail from Terminal 2, they should:
- Exit Door 8 and turn right.
- Use the covered walkway, which connects Terminals 2 and 3. PHX Sky Cart, an electric cart service, is available to transport customers with special needs.
- Take elevator to Level 3.
- Exit the platform for Terminal 3 or take The PHX Sky Train® to Terminal 4, East Economy Parking or Valley Metro Rail.
These moves are part of the phased Terminal Modernization Program taking place in Terminal 3. By summer of 2016, travelers will find a larger consolidated security checkpoint to get them to their gates faster and modernized ticket counter space to make the check-in process more convenient.
For more information on the changes at Terminal 3, visit skyharbor.com/terminalmodernization
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, America’s Friendliest Airport,has an annual economic impact of nearly $29 billion. Every day approximately 1,200 aircraft and more than 100,000 passengers arrive and depart at Sky Harbor, making it one of the ten busiest airports in the United States. PHX Sky Harbor is funded with Airport revenue. No local tax dollars are used to support the Airport.