Press Releases - 2015 Archives
Roadwork around Terminal 3 Will Impact Access from the West
Phoenix, AZ – Travelers should be aware that beginning Saturday, November 7 at 12:01 a.m., there will be additional lane closures around Terminal 3 for the Terminal Modernization Program. Closures will impact drivers entering from the West and heading eastbound on Sky Harbor Boulevard.
Travelers should note the following:
From Saturday, November 7, at 12:01 a.m. until Monday, November 9, at 5 a.m.
- The outer lanes of eastbound Sky Harbor Boulevard will be closed at Terminal 3. All traffic will be routed through the north inner lanes of Terminal 3.
- The north inner lanes of Terminal 3 can be used for passenger pick-up and drop-off and all lanes on the south side of the terminal will be open.
- All Ground Transportation will be available on the south outer curb.
- Those travelers using Terminals 3 and 4 are advised to enter the Airport from the East to avoid the roadway restrictions on Sky Harbor Boulevard.
From Monday, November 9 at 5 a.m. through December
- The north outer lanes will reopen and the north inner lanes will close.
- The north outer lanes of Terminal 3 can be used for passenger pick-up and drop-off and all lanes on the south side of the terminal will be open.
Other tips if you are driving to the airport:
- Use the 44th Street and Washington PHX Sky Train® Station for pick-up and drop off. The 44th Street Station offers a quick ride on the free, PHX Sky Train to Terminal 3. Drivers can wait for their party in the free cellphone lot adjacent to the station.
- If you do plan to drive to Terminal 3, use one of the Cell Phone Lots to avoid circling the terminal.
- Give yourself a little extra time, reduce your speed, watch for detour signs and use caution when driving.