Press Releases - 2015 Archives
Travel Tips, Specials, and Free Gift-Wrapping at Phoenix Sky Harbor
Phoenix, AZ – America’s Friendliest Airport® is offering important travel tips for the holidays as well as a free service for those traveling with gifts. Between December 22 and January 3, Phoenix Sky Harbor will be busier than normal.
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) recommends that travelers do not wrap their gifts if they are bringing them through security. For the seventh year, Phoenix Sky Harbor will be offering free gift-wrapping for travelers. From 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. December 22-23, gift-wrapping will be available in Terminal 4 in three post-security locations: just past the A Checkpoint, B Checkpoint and C Checkpoint.
Additional travel tips:
- The Airport is going to be busy. Make sure to give yourself extra time. Arrive at the Airport at least two hours before your flight departs.
- Check your flight status with your airline before coming to the Airport.
- Remember to look through your purse or carry-on bag before you come to the Airport. Visit tsa.gov for information about what can be placed in your carry-on.
- Use the 44th Street and Washington PHX Sky Train® Station for pick-up and drop-off. Locals Know Where To Go – it’s really the best place to pick-up and drop-off your party to avoid the busy roadways and congested terminal curbs. The Arizona Diamondbacks’ beloved mascot Baxter demonstrates just how easy it is to use. Visit skyharbor.com/LocalsKnowWhereToGo or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9sUuTsbjjU to see a short video.
- Planning to park at the Airport? Reserve your convenient terminal garage parking in advance through Prepaid Discount parking and save money. Visit skyharbor.com/prepaidparking. Sky Harbor also has many economy choices. For more information on parking options, visit skyharbor.com/FindASpot for information and up-to-the-minute parking availability.
- Looking for a gift? Sky Harbor’s shops have many options. Visit https://www.pinterest.com/phxskyharbor/holiday-specials-2015/for a list of holiday specials.
- More travel tips available at skyharbor.com
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, America’s Friendliest Airport, has an annual economic impact of nearly $29 billion. Every day approximately 1,200 aircraft and more than 100,000 passengers arrive and depart at Sky Harbor, making it one of the ten busiest airports in the United States. PHX Sky Harbor is funded with Airport revenue. No local tax dollars are used to support the Airport.