Press Releases - 2016 Archives
Exciting New Retail Shops Coming to Sky Harbor’s Busiest Terminal
Phoenix, AZ – America’s Friendliest Airport® is about to get even more friendly with a variety of new retail offerings in its busiest terminal. Phoenix City Council approved the first phase of new retail contracts in Terminal 4, which will bring two spa locations, several tech stores, and an assortment of the local, regional and national products customers have been requesting.
Contracts were awarded to Lagardere TR and Partners, LLC, Avila Retail Development and Management LLC, HG Phoenix Retailers JV, Paradies PHX LLC, and XpresSpa Phoenix Airport, LLC.
News and gifts concepts include:
- 12 News – Offering periodicals, books, last-minute traveler needs, snacks, bottled water, soft drinks and souvenirs.
- Arizona Highways - The official store affiliated with the Arizona Highways magazine. A great place for state-themed gifts and souvenirs, publications, periodicals and distinctive Arizona books.
- Brooks Brothers – Featuring quality career and casual clothing for the traveler, including shirts, dresses, shoes, handbags, ties, and more.
- Bunky Boutique – A local boutique offering a variety of sophisticated and stylish clothing, accessories, and home goods from local artisans to well-known brands.
- Cactus Candy (two locations) – A distinctively Arizona product. Enjoy mouth-watering prickly-pear cactus candy and other delights that make great souvenirs and gifts.
- Connections – Provides travelers with periodicals, snacks, last-minute travel needs, and souvenirs.
- Fire CZ – Offering affordable elegance with jewelry such as bracelets, rings, earrings and more with high-quality gemstones rivaling diamonds.
- Hudson – Featuring periodicals, snacks, souvenirs, last minute travel essentials and more.
- Johnson & Murphy – Offering a first-class selection of men and women’s shoes as well as apparel, accessories and gifts.
- Roosevelt Row – Local Phoenix artists showcase a variety of unique products in this local boutique.
- Sunglass Hut – Featuring the latest trends and well-known brands of eyewear.
- TODAY – Offering an assortment of periodicals, electronic accessories, TODAY show themed merchandise, and refreshments and snacks for on-the-go.
- Uno de 50 – Handcrafted jewelry with a unique style. Find creative and bold pieces from necklaces to earrings and much more.
Specialty concepts include:
- Earth Spirit - Art glass, hand-wrought sculptures, polished wood jewelry boxes and flowing carved stone figures are among the exquisitely-crafted gifts in this store.
- iStore – Providing customers with accessories for all their digital needs. Products include headphones, tablets and other accessories from such brands as Apple, Bose, Sony and more.
- Mosaic - This richly, simple store has dazzling jewelry, paintings, limited edition prints, creative ceramics and much more.
- Techlab (two locations) – Travelers can stop by one of two-locations for tech items and accessories. Featuring headphones, chargers, and more.
- XpresSpa (two locations) – Travelers can relax and pamper themselves while waiting for their flight. These locations off massages, facials, manicures and other treatments as well as products for purchase.
“Following our award-winning and successful food and beverage upgrade in Terminal 4 which achieved international acclaim, we will now offer a mix of diverse products and services to delight our customers,” said Director of Aviation Services Jim Bennett.
These new concepts based on customer feedback will open in phases through early 2017.
Successful proposers were chosen based upon the following criteria:
- Proposed concept(s)
- Qualifications and experience
- Proposed business plan
- Design and quality of improvements
- Management team, operations and marketing plans
- Employee incentives
This is the first of a two-phase retail renovation. Proposals for the second set of Terminal 4 retail contracts are due August 23. Upon City Council approval, those concepts will be open by the end of 2017.
“This project will not only enhance customer service for thousands of travelers every day,” said Deputy Aviation Director for Business and Properties Chris Madsen. “Passengers will have their choice of nationally-recognized brands and one-of-a-kind local merchandise only found in Arizona.”
For more information, visit skyharbor.com.