Press Releases - 2020 Archives
Sky Harbor Offers Labor Day Travel Tips
Sep 1, 2020, 17:17 PM by Public Relations
PHOENIX – A year ago, Labor Day weekend travel looked very different from what holiday travel looks like today. If you are traveling out of town this Labor Day weekend, we have put together some travel tips to help you make sure you are prepared.
- Tip #1 – Pack a face covering and other personal protective equipment (PPE) such as hand sanitizer, gloves and disinfectant wipes. Face coverings are required at our airport and most airlines also have a face covering policy. Check with your airline for more details on its policy. Face coverings and other PPE items are available for purchase at airport shops and PPE vending machines if you forget. Please note that as a temporary exemption from the 3-1-1 rule, the TSA is allowing one oversized liquid sanitizer container up to 12 ounces per person in carry-on bags.
- Tip #2 - Airports Council International (ACI) has launched a new app called Check & Fly. This app gives travelers the opportunity to be prepared for their next flight by checking the health and safety measures of their departure and arrival airports. The app is currently only available for Apple users. Download it through the App Store.
- Tip #3 – Use a mobile boarding pass. Most airlines have apps on iOS and Android available for free. The airline apps allow you to download a mobile boarding pass, check your flight status and more without having to stand in line at check-in or print a boarding pass at the self-serve kiosks.
- Tip #4 – Review the TSA requirements for carry-on and checked baggage. The TSA has a useful Travel Checklist you can reference to help you pack (or unpack) and be prepared.
- Tip #5 – Check the flight status with the airline before coming to the airport to catch a flight or to pick-up/drop-off loved ones. Flight status can be checked on the airline’s website or on skyharbor.com. Travelers can also check current TSA security checkpoint wait times on the homepage of skyharbor.com and on the flight information screens in the Airport once they arrive.
Be sure to give yourself extra time and practice physical distancing at all times. Learn more about our efforts and the PHX – Here for You campaign on skyharbor.com.
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, America’s Friendliest Airport®, has an annual economic impact of more than $38 billion. Every day approximately 1,200 aircraft and more than 125,000 passengers arrive and depart at Sky Harbor. PHX Sky Harbor is funded with Airport revenue. No tax dollars are used to support the Airport.