Sky Harbor Offers Seven Travel Tips to Help You Travel Safely this Memorial Day
PHOENIX – We are already approaching the end of May and that means the three-day Memorial Day weekend is just around the corner. Travel has looked a lot different this past year and a half and safety policies and travel regulations are constantly changing.
If you are planning to fly out of town for the Memorial Day holiday, these travel tips will help you be prepared.
- Tip #1 – Pack a face covering and other personal protective equipment (PPE) such as hand sanitizer. The Federal Mask Mandate is still in effect at all airports on board all airline flights. Face coverings and other PPE items are available for purchase at airport shops and PPE vending machines if you forget. Please note that as a temporary exemption from the 3-1-1 rule, the TSA is allowing one, oversized liquid sanitizer container, up to 12 ounces per person in carry-on bags
- Tip #2 – Reserve your parking in advance. Enjoy the convenience of Sky Harbor Discount Parking and save money while reserving your spot at any of our parking facilities.
- Tip #3 - Airports Council International (ACI) has launched an app called Check & Fly. This app gives travelers helpful information on COVID-19 health and safety measures of their departure and arrival airports. The app is available for iOS and Android users.
- Tip #4 – Double-check what’s in your bags. Make sure to look through your bags and review the TSA Prohibited Items List the night before your flight.
- Tip #5 – Check the flight status with the airline before coming to the airport to catch a flight or to pick-up/drop-off loved ones. Flight status can be checked on the airline’s website or at skyharbor.com.
- Tip #6 – Give yourself extra time. Arrive early and check security wait times online. If you are traveling domestically, arrive two hours before your flight, three hours if you are traveling internationally. Travelers can also check current TSA security checkpoint wait times on the homepage of skyharbor.com and on the flight information screens in the Airport once they arrive.
- Tip #7 – Reserve your rental car in advance. No matter where you are traveling, it’s always a good idea to reserve your rental car in advance as vehicles may be limited for walk-up customers.
– 30 –
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, America’s Friendliest Airport®, has an annual economic impact of more than $38 billion. Before the COVID-19 pandemic, approximately 1,200 aircraft and more than 125,000 passengers arrived at and departed from Sky Harbor every day. PHX Sky Harbor is funded with airport revenue. No tax dollars are used to support the airport.