Automated Passport Control Kiosk (APC)
How It Works
- APC's are available for U.S. citizens, Canadian citizens not requiring an entry visa, and returning travelers from visa waiver countries who have been approved through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).
- No pre-registration is required for travelers to participate and there is no cost for travelers to use.
- To use the APCs, travelers follow on-screen instructions and answer customs declarations questions on the APC. A confirmation receipt will be printed before proceeding to a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer to finalize processing. With the system, there is no need to fill out a paper declaration card.
With the APCs:
- Four times the number of passengers can be processed per CBP Officer
- It is 89 percent faster for those using the APCs than the typical CBP primary inspection process
- The total time to go through Customs is reduced up to 30 percent for all PHX travelers (APC and non-APC users).