What's Happening Stories
Stress-Free Travel Tips from America’s Friendliest Airport®
Smart travel for Labor Day Weekend
Summer is “unofficially” over, school is back in session, and vacations are just a memory. Check out these smart and easy stress-free travel tips during the Labor Day holiday!
5 stress-free tips:
Stay clear of long lines: No stress when you arrive at least 2 hours before your scheduled departure time. Check the Home page for security wait times and on flight information screens at the airport.
Cruising to Sky Harbor: Stress-free travel to and from Sky Harbor airport with PHX Sky Train® light rail and ride share. More information can be found on the Parking and Transportation page.
Parking options to relieve stress include prepaid, economy, family-friendly or valet. More choices provide options for everyone. Please see the Parking and Transportation page for more information. Be sure to check out our Find A Spot page where you can search for the best options closest to your terminal.
Need to Check a Bag? Zero stress when using Early Bag Check. Now available for American, Southwest or United passengers. Locations include the 44th Street PHX Sky Train®, East Economy Parking and the Rental Car Center. Check the Before Traveling tab for more information.
Flying with kids? For less stress, make a checklist before departure. Include food and drink options, and entertainment material. Then, check out the amenities available for you at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport: menu items just for kids, family-friendly restrooms, and nursing stations. Visit the Before Traveling tab for additional information.
Additional stress-free tips:
- Picking up or dropping off? Check the Flights tab for airline arrival/departure terminal information and the Parking and Transportation tab for information on our cell phone waiting lots. Curb access can be limited due to construction or peak travel times.
- Ready to eat? Phoenix Sky Harbor has tasty options for everyone. Multiple choices include gluten-free, vegan and special meals for kids. More information can be found on our Dining page.
- Need Lost and Found? Please call the Sky Harbor Lost and Found office at 602-273-3333 or visit the section under Shops, Food and Services.
- Special needs? Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport is one of the most accessible airports in the world. Look at the Before Traveling tab for information on wheel chairs, oxygen, assistance animals and more.
- Additional travel tips can be found on the Before Traveling page.