Airport Roadway Restrictions
41st Street to be Impacted for Southwest Airlines Hangar Project
Realignment of 41st Street for the Southwest Airlines Hangar Project is scheduled to begin in the roadway on Monday, May 13 at 6 a.m. The northern-most lane will be closed while two lanes will be maintained for traffic, along with access to airline hangars and the East Economy Parking Lot. See a map for reference.
This restriction will remain in place for approximately two weeks before being reconfigured for the next phase of roadway work. Please check back for updates and future restrictions as work progresses.
East Economy Lot Garage B Impacted by Sprinkler System Work
The East Economy Lot Garage B will be restricted through May 17 as work is done on the sprinkler system. Work will take place on Level Monday-Friday from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. but access to the garage may be temporarily restricted for work preparation.
Garage A will remain open throughout work.
Please see the summary list of additional activities taking place at the airport.
Road Closure Near Rental Car Center Scheduled Through July 19
Sky Harbor Circle South between the Interstate 10 freeway bridge and the Rental Car Center will be closed through Friday, July 19 for work associated with the PHX Sky Train® extension. See map for reference.
Access to the Rental Car Center and area businesses will be maintained.
- Rental Car Center
- Access will be from Buckeye Road to Sky Harbor Circle South only.
- Traffic leaving the Rental Car Center will be directed onto northbound Sky Harbor Circle towards Buckeye Road only.
- Access to Chase will be from both Buckeye Road and 24th Street to Sky Harbor Circle South.
- Egress from Chase bank will be from Sky Harbor Circle South to both Buckeye Road and 24th Street.
- Enterprise Rental Car
- Access to the Enterprise Rental Car driveway will be via 24th Street to Sky Harbor Circle South only.
- Egress from the Enterprise Rental Car driveway will be directed to Sky Harbor Circle South to 24th Street only.
Drivers should be aware of detours, changing road conditions, and workers in the vicinity. Please use caution when traveling through construction areas and follow traffic control directions and signs. Please plan ahead and add extra time to your travels if driving through the area.
Drivers should also be aware that due to construction projects, there could be some roadway restrictions at the airport. Drivers should slow down for construction and watch for signs. Please allow for extra time when traveling.
See ongoing Airport Construction Roadway Restrictions for more information.
This page will be continuously updated to include information on current Sky Harbor related roadway restrictions.