Press Releases - 2016 Archives
Travel Tips for Sky Harbor’s Busiest Month
Phoenix, AZ – If you are traveling this Spring, America’s Friendliest Airport® has some handy tips to help make your travel go smoothly during the month of March – Phoenix Sky Harbor’s busiest. On an average day, about 110,000 passengers travel through Sky Harbor. During the month of March, Sky Harbor is anticipating more than 140,000 travelers each day – an increase of about 30 percent. Sunday, Monday, Thursday, and Friday will be the busiest days of the week, but travelers should expect a bustling airport throughout the month.
Here are some important things to remember:
Arrive early - a minimum of two hours before your flight, and three hours if you are flying internationally. The Good Sam 500 NASCAR Race Weekend will be March 11-13. Expect the airport to be even busier during this time.
Are your family and friends coming into town to see a Spring Training Game? Please be aware that the souvenir baseball bats are not permitted in your carry-on bags. They will need to be placed in checked luggage. For more information on what is permitted as a carry-on item, visit tsa.gov
Picking up or dropping off? Locals Know Where To Go. Save time and avoid roadway traffic when picking up or dropping off your party by using the 44th Street PHX Sky Train® Station. The station features amenities such as Early Bag Check, kiosks to print your boarding passes, a free Cell Phone Waiting Lot, and a convenient connection to Valley Metro Rail. The PHX Sky Train® connects travelers to the terminals in a matter of minutes. Find out more about the PHX Sky Train® Station located on the southwest corner of 44th Street and Washington by visiting skyharbor.com/LocalsKnowWhereToGo
More Spring Travel Tips:
- Check your flight status with the airline before coming to the Airport.
- Use your computer or phone to check in for your flight before coming to the Airport.
- Reserve Your Parking and Save Money. Save on convenient terminal garage parking by reserving in advance through our Prepaid Discount Parking option. Visit skyharbor.com/prepaidparking for information.
- Looking for other parking options? America’s Friendliest Airport® makes it easy for you to find parking based on price or convenience and to check availability through our handy Find A Spot tool. Visit skyharbor.com/FindASpot or call our 24-hour parking hotline at 602-273-4545.
- Check your bags before you get to the terminal with Early Bag Check. Flying American Airlines, Southwest or United? Use Early Bag Check before boarding the PHX Sky Train® at the 44th Street Station or East Economy Parking, or before you get on the shuttle at the Rental Car Center. The service is free though airline bag fees apply. Visit skyharbor.com/earlybagcheck
- If you have extra time, be sure to check out one of our Museum exhibitions. See wood sculptures by artist Mitch Fry as part of the exhibition Form Matters in the Terminal 4 Gallery. Other exhibitions include photography by Scott Baxter in Terminal 3 and pottery by Native American artist Susan Folwell in Terminal 4.
For more travel tips from America’s Friendliest Airport®, visit skyharbor.com
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, America’s Friendliest Airport, has an annual economic impact of nearly $29 billion. Every day approximately 1,200 aircraft and more than 120,000 passengers arrive and depart at Sky Harbor, making it one of the ten busiest airports in the United States. PHX Sky Harbor is funded with Airport revenue. No local tax dollars are used to support the Airport.