Press Releases - 2017 Archives
Handy Summer Travel Tips from America’s Friendliest Airport®
Phoenix, AZ – Summer is approaching, vacations are booked and America’s Friendliest Airport® is ready to help speed you to your destination with plan-ahead tips to make travel easier, faster and more fun!
4 Plan-Ahead tips:
Help avoid long lines: Plan your arrival at the airport before you leave home. Give yourself extra time and plan to arrive at least 2 hours before your scheduled departure time. Live security wait times are available on skyharbor.com and on our flight information screens at the airport.
Where will you park? Plan your parking choice before arriving. Prepaid, economy, family-friendly or valet choices provide options for everyone. You can also check the parking hotline for information at 602-273-4545 and our Find-A-Spot tool will help you match price and availability with your airline for just the right spot!
Checking bags? Plan to use Early Bag Check if you fly American, Southwest or United. Locations include the 44th Street PHX Sky Train®, East Economy Parking and the Rental Car Center.
Traveling with kids? Plan ahead. America’s Friendliest Airport is also kid-friendly. Amenities include menu items just for kids, family friendly restrooms, and nursing stations. Visit traveling with children for more information.
Additional plan-ahead tips:
- Need to travel between terminals or connect to East Economy or the 44th Street station? Cruising around Sky Harbor is easy and fun when you step aboard the PHX Sky Train®. Trains operate 24 hours a day and arrive every 3-5 minutes. skyharbor.com/PHXSkyTrain
- Hungry? Phoenix Sky Harbor has yummy options for everyone. Multiple choices include gluten-free, vegan and special meals for kids. skyharbor.com/ShopsFoodServices/Dining
- Woof! Phoenix Sky Harbor has nine animal relief areas both pre and post-security for your convenience while traveling. Pets can drink water, take potty breaks and taste a little freedom! skyharbor.com/BeforeTraveling/TravelingWithAnimals
- Leaving the country? Phoenix Sky Harbor has tips to help. Automated Passport Control kiosks, Global Entry, Mobile Passport Control as well as foreign currency info can be found online in our International Travel section. skyharbor.com/BeforeTraveling/InternationalTravel
- The USO offers a chill space for active duty military members and their families. Sofas, chairs, games and free snacks are all available in Terminal 4. skyharbor.com/ShopsFoodServices/Services/USO
- Have questions about what you can pack in your carry-on bag? Visit tsa.gov for information and be sure to check what is in your bag for prohibited items before traveling.
- Stressed or need quiet space? Visit one of our airline lounges for quiet space, snacks and beverages.
- Enjoy art? Check out one our amazing exhibitions that showcase the warmth and diversity of Arizona. Museum exhibitions can be found in all terminals.
- Additional travel tips are available at skyharbor.com
###Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, America’s Friendliest Airport, has an annual economic impact of nearly $38 billion. Every day approximately 1,200 aircraft and approximately 120,000 passengers arrive and depart at Sky Harbor. PHX Sky Harbor is funded with Airport revenue. No local tax dollars are used to suppo