Press Releases - 2018 Archives
America’s Friendliest Airport® Offers Summer Travel Tips
Phoenix, AZ – Summer is near and it is time to pack your bags and take a well-deserved vacation. As travelers book their trips and stroll through Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport during these hot summer days, America’s Friendliest Airport® is here to make traveling a breeze with these time-saving travel tips.
Just in time for your Memorial Day travels, America’s Friendliest Airport® is offering a special on convenient terminal garage parking. Visit skyharbor.com to sign-up for your coupon to pay just $20 a day when parking in the Terminal 3 or Terminal 4 garage from May 24-29.
Better early than late. If you are traveling domestically, arrive at least two hours prior to your flight. International travelers should arrive three hours early. You can check your flight status on skyharbor.com and on our flight information screens at the airport.
Check Security Wait Times. Did you know you can check wait times for the security checkpoints before you arrive on skyharbor.com and then once you arrive on our flight information screens in the terminals and PHX Sky Train® Stations? Tip: If you are traveling through Terminal 4, you can use any of the four security checkpoints to access your gate.
Parking made easy. In addition to our exclusive Memorial Day parking coupon, Phoenix Sky Harbor also offers the Prepaid Discount Parking program that is available in all terminal garages, including the Terminal 2 Garage and at the East Economy Parking area. You can reserve your parking space online up to six months in advance. And, if you are looking for up-to-the-minute parking status, visit skyharbor.com/FindASpot or call our 24-hour parking hotline at 602-273-4545.
Double-check your carry-on bags. Make sure to look through your carry-on bag or purse prior to arriving at the airport to ensure that none of your packed items fall under the TSA Prohibited Items List.
Want to avoid airport traffic? The PHX Sky Train® 44th Street Station is available to everyone to get to and from the Airport. It makes a convenient pick-up and drop-off location and helps drivers avoid roadway traffic and terminal curb congestion. A free cellphone waiting lot is also available. The PHX Sky Train® operates 24 hours a day and arrives every 3-5 minutes. And it’s free! skyharbor.com/PHXSkyTrain
Things to do While at the Airport
- Grab a bite to eat. America’s Tastiest Airport has delicious food options for all desires including fast food, kid-friendly meals, vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free meals. We feature restaurants specific to Arizona where customers can get a taste of the Southwest. skyharbor.com/ShopsFoodServices/Dining
- Shop or relax. Don’t arrive at your destination empty-handed: Take advantage of Arizona boutiques and upscale national stores for a fashionable gift. Treat yourself to some pampering in one of our spas in Terminal 4 before boarding your plane. Phoenix Sky Harbor also has stores in each terminal that sell last-minute travel necessities and souvenirs. To learn more about shopping at Sky Harbor, visit skyharbor.com/ShopsFoodServices/Shops
- Traveling with a pet? There are nine animal relief areas available for pets needing a potty break and some light exercise before taking off to their destination. Make sure to check with your airline to review their policies regarding traveling with pets prior to arriving at the Airport.
- Enjoy local artists. Arizona is full of talented painters, photographers, sculptors, and other artists. See the beauty of Arizona at our Museum exhibitions that can be found in all terminals.
- Additional travel tips are available at skyharbor.com
– 30 –
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, America’s Friendliest Airport®, has an annual economic impact of more than $38 billion. Every day approximately 1,200 aircraft and more than 120,000 passengers arrive and depart at Sky Harbor. PHX Sky Harbor is funded with Airport revenue. No tax dollars are used to support the Airport.