Press Releases - Pre 2013 Archives
Sky Harbor Offers Thanksgiving Travel Tips & Parking Discount
Phoenix, AZ – Thanksgiving travelers will fill Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport beginning early next week and the Airport is prepared. America’s Friendliest Airport® is offering travel tips and a terminal garage parking discount.
Family Friendly Parking This week, Phoenix Sky Harbor is debuting Family Friendly Parking spaces in the East Economy Parking area and garage. Spaces are located on the north side of the PHX Sky Train™ East Economy Station as well as on the first levels of East Economy Garages A and B. Travelers should look for signs indicating these spaces.Travel Tips
- Be sure to arrive at the Airport two hours before your flight departs, especially if you are parking in economy areas or checking bags.
- View update parking availability, on your desktop computer or visit skyharbor.com on a mobile device. Sky Harbor also has a 24-hour parking hotline: 602-273-4545. If you park in Economy parking, look for a sign at the bus stop and scan the QR Code with your smartphone to be sent a text or email reminder of where you parked.
- Liquids and gels must be in 3 oz containers or less to pass through security. Bring a zip top bag to consolidate small quantities of liquids. Larger quantities of medically necessary liquids are allowed only at the discretion of TSA screeners.
- Food items such as pies and cakes are permitted, but may require further inspection. If travelers are not sure if a food item is considered a liquid or gel, it is best to pack the item in checked baggage or ship it to a destination in advance. If you have questions about security screening, visit tsa.gov or contact the Transportation Security Administration at: 866-289-9673 or TSA-ContactCenter@dhs.gov.
- Bring a snack or meal for the plane. Food may be carried through security and beverages may be purchased past security and brought onto the aircraft. Many new restaurants have opened at Sky Harbor offering local and national favorites to go.
- Mark your bags and electronics clearly so you recognize them immediately. Remember to have your claim check or ID ready at baggage claim when you return to Phoenix so that if you are approached by staff, you won’t be delayed looking for this information.
- Use the free cell phone lots (one located on the East side of the Airport and one located on the West side) to wait for arriving passengers and avoid circling the terminals.