Media / Press Room
Are you a reporter on deadline?
Members of the media only, please email us at skyharborPIO@phoenix.gov for the quickest response.
For public inquiries, please call the 24-hour airport switchboard at (602) 273-3300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The media pager has been discontinued. Please update your address books to include skyharborPIO@phoenix.gov.
Phoenix Sky Harbor’s Public Information Team
Julie Rodriguez – Deputy Aviation Director for Public Relations
Heather Shelbrack – Public Information Manager
Greg Roybal – Public Information Officer
Krishna Patel – Public Information Officer
Keyera Mitchell - Public Information Specialist
The quickest way for media members to reach us is via email at skyharborPIO@phoenix.gov.
The Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) Media Guide is designed to help members of the media more effectively contact the airport and our airline partners. Our objective is to assist the media as much as possible without compromising the safety and efficiency of airport operations. All media inquiries directed to Aviation Department personnel will be forwarded to the Public Relations Division.
See correspondence, fact sheets, and other data that explains the ridershare user fee in this Rideshare Media Kit.
If the information you are looking for is not available on this site, please contact the on-duty public information officer (PIO) by emailing email@example.com any time or by calling (602) 683-3654 during regular office hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
After hours and in emergency situations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Queries are returned in the order they are received. Our standard is to respond within 10 minutes.
Airport Communications Center personnel respond to general inquiries after hours and page the on-duty PIO in emergency situations. Julie Rodriguez and Heather Shelbrack are the lead contacts for the City of Phoenix Aviation Department.
All news media vehicles, except "live" broadcast trucks, must park in the airport's parking garages. Up to five free parking cards are available per media outlet by written request submitted to the Public Information Office. Parking cards are for use by media covering a story at Sky Harbor. They may not be used for overnight parking.
"Live" broadcast truck parking is permitted next to Terminal 4 on the west side of the terminal. To get to this area, if you are entering the airport heading eastbound, drive past Terminal 4 and take the turnaround in order to head westbound. If you are entering the airport from the east, continue heading westbound. Stay in the inner curb lane heading westbound until you pass Terminal 4. Continue to stay to the right as you pass under the terminal building. You will pass the Terminal parking exit booths on your right. Look for a sign that says Media Parking in red. Turn right into the lot. The parking spaces are in the northwest corner of the lot.
The Terminal 2 media parking area is closed as of March 9, 2020.
See a map of our designated media parking areas.
Media representatives should contact the Sky Harbor Public Information Office before arriving at the airport by emailing email@example.com for assistance in obtaining access to public areas of the airport and gathering the information necessary to complete their stories. Please include a call-back number.
It is the policy of the Phoenix Aviation Department to cooperate with the media whenever possible. Our primary responsibility, however, is safe and orderly airport operations. When emergency situations occur, the media will be contacted via email. Media should also follow Phoenix Sky Harbor’s social media sites.* Media covering emergencies will be directed to a specific meeting area. The on-duty PIO or an airport representative will conduct a preliminary briefing in this area and provide whatever information is available at that time. Briefings will continue as appropriate.
Please note the following:
- The media must not restrict the public's access to gates, ticket counters, baggage areas, or other areas in the terminals. The ticket counters are leased by the individual airlines and access to these areas is at the discretion of the tenant/airline. Due to federal security regulations, only those with tickets are allowed past the security screening areas. This restriction also applies to members of the media.
- In the event of an airside emergency, members of recognized media organizations with appropriate credentials may be escorted onto the airfield (AOA), or transported to the scene of the emergency, at the discretion of Sky Harbor officials.
- All media representatives at the scene of an emergency will immediately comply with any order, direction, or signal by airport fire-fighting or security forces or authorized airport representatives.
Phoenix Sky Harbor’s Social Media Channels
*Twitter - @PHXSkyHarbor
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PHXSkyHarbor/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/phxskyharbor/
YouTube - https://youtube.com/user/PhoenixSkyHarbor
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/phoenix-sky-harbor-international-airport
Pinterest - https://www.pinterest.com/phxskyharbor/
Snapchat - https://www.snapchat.com/add/PHXSkyHarbor
*Follow our Twitter channel. We provide updates during airport events and emergencies.
Looking for delayed and canceled flight information? Find real-time information on the Delayed, Canceled and Diverted Flight Information page.
If you are a reporter and need access to our detailed list of media contacts at Phoenix Sky Harbor, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not a member of the media and have an airport-related question, call the 24-hour airport switchboard at (602) 273-3300. You may also email email@example.com to ask a question or make a comment.
- Current Press Releases
- Archived Press Releases
- Current Feature Stories
- Archived Feature Stories
- Media Kit
- File a Public Records Request
Public records requests are coordinated by the city of Phoenix Communications Office.
- Airport Facts & Statistics
- Filming at the Airport
Commercial filming at any of the city's three airports -- Phoenix Sky Harbor, Goodyear, or Deer Valley -- require a film permit from the city's Film Office. Three to five working days advance notice is required.
Sky Harbor in the News
Read what other news outlets are saying about Sky Harbor:
- Feb 20, 2020 – Condor extends seasonal flights from Phoenix to Germany
- Feb. 18, 2020 – Farewell to Terminal 2
- Feb. 12, 2020 – Valentine’s Day at Airports
- Feb. 10, 2020 – Ready for Departure: Sky Harbor’s Terminal Two Is No More
- Feb. 9, 2020 – The best Valentine’s Day freebies you can score at airports this week
- Feb. 6, 2020 – Sky Harbor's Terminal 2 is closed. What happens next? Here's what we know
- Feb. 4, 2020 – Sky Harbor Airport's Terminal 2 is closing
- Feb. 4, 2020 – Terminal 2's final flight: Sky Harbor Airport passengers, employees mark the end of an era /a>
- Feb. 4, 2020 – Valley travelers reminisce as Sky Harbor Terminal 2 closes doors
- Feb. 3, 2020 – Moving Out: Airlines leaving Sky Harbor's Terminal 2 before its closure
- Jan. 29, 2020 – Phoenix Sky Harbor breaks record for passenger traffic in 2019
- Jan. 29, 2020 – Phoenix Sky Harbor sets another passenger record
- Jan. 29, 2020 – Record number of passengers traveled through Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport in 2019
- Jan. 28, 2020 – Phoenix Sky Harbor completes Terminal 3 modernization project
- Jan. 27, 2020 – Phoenix Leaders Unveil John McCain Plaque At Sky Harbor Airport
- Jan. 27, 2020 – Sky Harbor Ranks On List Of Most On-Time Flights During 2019
- Jan. 21, 2020 – Phoenix Sky Harbor is one of the best airports in the country for dining, says one study
- Jan. 16, 2020 – Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix lands in top 5 best airports for food
- Jan. 6, 2020 – Phoenix Sky Harbor Named Best Airport in Nation
- Jan. 6, 2020 – 2 new lounges open at Phoenix airport with menus from popular chef
- Jan. 6, 2020 – American Express opens two exclusive lounges in Sky Harbor Airport
- Dec. 19, 2019 –Flying for the holidays? These hacks will help speed you through Sky Harbor Airport
- Dec. 19, 2019 – Christmas season 2019 at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- Dec. 19, 2019 – For 57 years, he's welcomed travelers to America's friendliest airport. Meet Lou Davis
- Dec. 19, 2019 – 'The Phoenix' mural at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport through the years
- Dec. 11, 2019 – Longtime artist proud of Sky Harbor work
- Dec. 10, 2019 – 8 places to visit in 2020: These nonstop flights from Phoenix get you there easily
- Dec. 9, 2019 – This Arizona Airport Was Ranked One Of The Best Places To Fly Out Of In 2019
- Dec. 6, 2019 – PHX Sky Train Phase 2 aims to improve Sky Harbor travelers’ experience
- Dec. 6, 2019 – Sky Harbor sees boost in passenger traffic ahead of holiday season
See our Economic Impact
View images from our image gallery.Individuals or companies seeking use of these images for commercial purposes must fill out a Public Records Request.
Watch videos about ongoing projects, museum exhibitions, new shops or restaurants, and much more.