Security Screening at the Checkpoints
Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
The TSA is responsible for security screening at airport checkpoints. There is at least one TSA Security Checkpoint open around the clock in each Phoenix Sky Harbor terminal.
Terminal 4 – All Checkpoints. All Gates.
Did you know that you can use any TSA security checkpoint in Terminal 4 to access your gate?
- Terminal 3 – Open 24 hours
- Terminal 4, Checkpoint A – Open 24 hours
- Terminal 4, Checkpoint B – 4:15 a.m.- 8:30 p.m.
- Terminal 4, Checkpoint C – 3:15 a.m.- 10:30 p.m.
- Terminal 4, Checkpoint D – 3:15 a.m.- 7:30 p.m.
To see current wait times visit skyharbor.com home page and on the flight information screens in the terminals provide information on wait times for each checkpoint. If you are traveling and see that one security checkpoint line is longer, you can use any of the others.
TSA PreCheck Hours of Operation
Please note: PreCheck operating hours are subject to change based on operational necessity. TSA PreCheck might not be available when the Security Checkpoint is closed. Expedited Screening is available during all operational hours.
- Terminal 3 – 5 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Terminal 4, Checkpoint A – 5 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Terminal 4, Checkpoint B – 5 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Terminal 4, Checkpoint C – 5 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Terminal 4, Checkpoint D – 5 a.m.-7 p.m.
TSA Cares Program
In an effort to assist those travelers with disabilities and medical conditions, the TSA has a helpline that addresses travelers’ questions about screening policies, procedures, and what to expect at the security checkpoint. Call 1-855-787-2227 or find out more.
Download the MyTSA App on your smartphone for important TSA information at your fingertips. The app features a "Can I Bring My..." tool where travelers enter in an item to see if it is permitted. Additionally, the app also features wait-times at Airport security checkpoints.