Temporary Use Permit
Authorized providers may apply for a Temporary Use Permit for the following reasons:
- Temporarily replace a currently permitted vehicle with a non-permitted vehicle when the permitted vehicle is temporarily out of commission for repairs.
- Temporarily provide additional temporary fleet vehicles to manage unintended overflow during special events.
Prior to picking up passengers, an authorized provider may obtain a Temporary Use Permit only if a completed application is on file and the provider obtains a temporary vehicle identification placard and AVI tag from the Ground Transportation Office.
The authorized provider issued the temporary permit must comply with the following requirements:
- Meet all applicable insurance requirements.
- Pick-up passengers only in designated pick-up zones.
- Pay trip fees in accordance with Phoenix City Code Section 4-78.
- Comply with all provisions of Phoenix City Code Chapter 4 and Aviation rules and regulations.
- Comply with all federal, state, and local commercial requirements, including any regulations imposed on interstate travel.