Walk the Sky Harbor Fitness Trail
From Gate A30 to Gate D18, you’ll enjoy sights of Phoenix seen only from inside the airport: views of mountains, parks and man-made wonders. And if you have time, you can chalk up more mileage by visiting the ends of all eight concourses.
What You’ll See Along the Way
- Downtown Phoenix Skyline, including Chase Field, home of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- FAA Control Tower, one of the country’s tallest at 335 feet.
- Piestewa Peak, named after Lori Piestewa, a member of the Hopi tribe, who was the first Native American woman ever to die in combat while serving with the U.S. military.
- Camelback Mountain is a prominent Phoenix-area landmark. Its name is derived from its shape that resembles the hump and head of a resting camel.
- Sandstone Buttes at Papago Park, nearby attractions include: Desert Botanical Garden, The Phoenix Zoo and Phoenix Municipal Stadium.
- The PHX Sky Train® bridge is the world’s only mass transit bridge over an active airport taxiway.
- South Mountain Park/Preserve, at more than 16,000 acres, is the largest municipal park in the country. It boasts 51 miles of multi-use trails.
- Air National Guard operations center.
- Diamondhead Baffle Ceiling, this ceiling was designedto mimic the Imperial Sand Dunes near Yuma, Arizona.
- Electrochromic Glazed Windows, these windows allow you to enjoy the Arizona sunshine and beautiful views while remaining cool and comfortable inside.
- South Airfield, has two runways. The Center Runway is 10,300 feet long and the South Runway is 7,800 feet long. Both runways are 150 feet wide.