Walk the Sky Harbor Fitness Trail
From Gate A30 to Gate D18, you’ll enjoy sights of Phoenix seen only from inside the airport: views of mountains, parks and man-made wonders. And if you have time, you can chalk up more mileage by visiting the ends of all eight concourses.
Download the Sky Harbor Fitness Trail Map.
What You’ll See Along the Way
- Downtown Phoenix Skyline, including Chase Field, home of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- FAA Control Tower, one of the country’s tallest at 335 feet.
- Piestewa Peak, named after Lori Piestewa, a member of the Hopi tribe, who was the first Native American woman ever to die in combat while serving with the U.S. military.
- Camelback Mountain is a prominent Phoenix-area landmark. Its name is derived from its shape that resembles the hump and head of a resting camel.
- Sandstone Buttes at Papago Park, nearby attractions include: Desert Botanical Garden, The Phoenix Zoo and Phoenix Municipal Stadium.
- The PHX Sky Train® bridge is the world’s only mass transit bridge over an active airport taxiway.
- South Mountain Park/Preserve, at more than 16,000 acres, is the largest municipal park in the country. It boasts 51 miles of multi-use trails.
- Air National Guard operations center.
- Diamondhead Baffle Ceiling, this ceiling was designedto mimic the Imperial Sand Dunes near Yuma, Arizona.
- Electrochromic Glazed Windows, these windows allow you to enjoy the Arizona sunshine and beautiful views while remaining cool and comfortable inside.
- South Airfield, has two runways. The Center Runway is 10,300 feet long and the South Runway is 7,800 feet long. Both runways are 150 feet wide.