Media / Press Room
Are you a reporter on deadline?
Members of the media only, please email us at skyharborPIO@phoenix.gov for the quickest response.
For public inquiries, please call the 24-hour airport switchboard at (602) 273-3300 or email email@example.com.
*The media pager has been discontinued. Please update your address books to include skyharborPIO@phoenix.gov.
Phoenix Sky Harbor’s Public Information Team
Julie Rodriguez – Deputy Aviation Director for Public Relations
Heather Lissner – Public Information Manager
Greg Roybal – Public Information Officer
Krishna Patel – Public Information Officer
The quickest way for media members to reach us is via email at skyharborPIO@phoenix.gov.
The Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) Media Guide is designed to help members of the media more effectively contact the airport and our airline partners. Our objective is to assist the media as much as possible without compromising the safety and efficiency of airport operations. All media inquiries directed to Aviation Department personnel will be forwarded to the Public Relations Division.
If the information you are looking for is not available on this site, please contact the on-duty public information officer (PIO) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org any time or by calling (602) 683-3654 during regular office hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
After hours and in emergency situations, please email email@example.com. Queries are returned in the order they are received. Our standard is to respond within 10 minutes.
Airport Communications Center personnel respond to general inquiries after hours and page the on-duty PIO in emergency situations. Julie Rodriguez and Heather Lissner are the lead contacts for the City of Phoenix Aviation Department.
All news media vehicles, except "live" broadcast trucks, must park in the airport's parking garages. Up to five free parking cards are available per media outlet by written request submitted to the Public Information Office. Parking cards are for use by media covering a story at Sky Harbor. They may not be used for overnight parking.
"Live" broadcast truck parking is permitted at the far west end of Terminal 2 in the designated media parking area. There is also live truck parking next to Terminal 4 on the west side of the terminal. To get to this area, if you are entering the airport from the west (heading eastbound), you should go past Terminal 4 and take the turnaround in order to head westbound. If you are entering the airport from the east, continue heading westbound. Stay in the inner curb lane heading westbound until you pass Terminal 4. Continue to stay to the right as you pass under the terminal building. You will pass the Terminal parking exit booths on your right. Look for a sign that says Media Parking in red. Turn right into the lot. The parking spaces are in the northwest corner of the lot.
See a map of our designated media parking areas.
Media representatives should contact the Sky Harbor Public Information Office before arriving at the airport by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in obtaining access to public areas of the airport and gathering the information necessary to complete their stories. Please include a call-back number.
It is the policy of the Phoenix Aviation Department to cooperate with the media whenever possible. Our primary responsibility, however, is safe and orderly airport operations. When emergency situations occur, the media will be contacted via email. Media should also follow Phoenix Sky Harbor’s social media sites.* Media covering emergencies will be directed to a specific meeting area. The on-duty PIO or an airport representative will conduct a preliminary briefing in this area and provide whatever information is available at that time. Briefings will continue as appropriate.
Please note the following:
- The media must not restrict the public's access to gates, ticket counters, baggage areas, or other areas in the terminals. The ticket counters are leased by the individual airlines and access to these areas is at the discretion of the tenant/airline. Due to federal security regulations, only those with tickets are allowed past the security screening areas. This restriction also applies to members of the media.
- In the event of an airside emergency, members of recognized media organizations with appropriate credentials may be escorted onto the airfield (AOA), or transported to the scene of the emergency, at the discretion of Sky Harbor officials.
- All media representatives at the scene of an emergency will immediately comply with any order, direction, or signal by airport fire-fighting or security forces or authorized airport representatives.
Phoenix Sky Harbor’s Social Media Channels
*Twitter - @PHXSkyHarbor
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PHXSkyHarbor/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/phxskyharbor/
YouTube - https://youtube.com/user/PhoenixSkyHarbor
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/phoenix-sky-harbor-international-airport
Pinterest - https://www.pinterest.com/phxskyharbor/
Snapchat - https://www.snapchat.com/add/PHXSkyHarbor
*Follow our Twitter channel. We provide updates during airport events and emergencies.
Looking for delayed and canceled flight information? Find real-time information on the Delayed, Canceled and Diverted Flight Information page.
If you are a reporter and need access to our detailed list of media contacts at Phoenix Sky Harbor, email us at email@example.com.
If you are not a member of the media and have an airport-related question, call the 24-hour airport switchboard at (602) 273-3300. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask a question or make a comment.
- Current Press Releases
- Archived Press Releases: 2018, 2017,
- Current Feature Stories
- Archived Feature Stories: 2018, 2017
- Media Kit
- File a Public Records Request
Public records requests are coordinated by the city of Phoenix Communications Office.
- Airport Facts & Statistics
- Filming at the Airport
Commercial filming at any of the city's three airports -- Phoenix Sky Harbor, Goodyear, or Deer Valley -- require a film permit from the city's Film Office. Three to five working days advance notice is required.
Sky Harbor in the News
Read what other news outlets are saying about Sky Harbor:
- March 13, 2019 – Dining Guide: Terminal 3 at Sky Harbor International Airport
- March 8, 2019 – AT AIRPORTS: CUPCAKE VENDING + FREE SPRING TRAINING CARE KIT
- March 7, 2019 – FRESH ART AT PHX SKY HARBOR INT’L AIRPORT
- March 2, 2019 – What U.S. airport has the best shopping? Phoenix International Airport, according to travelers
- Feb. 28, 2019 – Sky Harbor named Best Airport for Shopping
- Feb. 28, 2019 – These are the winners of the 2019 Readers' Choice Airport Awards
- Feb. 27, 2019 – Tips to navigate Sky Harbor busy season
- Feb. 27, 2019 – Sky Harbor’s 2019 takes off with January passenger growth
- Feb. 19, 2019 – American Airlines boosts London-Phoenix route to year-round
- Feb. 18, 2019 – Are You Flying With Your Pet?
- Feb. 8, 2019 – The Best Places to Eat in Phoenix's Super-Busy Airport
- Feb. 7, 2019 – American’s new flight from Phoenix to London will run year-round
- Jan. 31, 2019 – Seven of the Most Dog-Friendly Airports in the United States
- Jan. 31, 2019 – Top 10 Cheapest Airports in the US
- Jan. 29, 2019 – Sky Harbor sets passenger record in 2018
- Jan. 18, 2019 – Cactus League: Make a travel game plan now to avoid hassles
- Jan. 18, 2019 – Anxious About Flying? 10 U.S. Airports With Therapy Animals
- Jan. 16, 2019 – Six New F&B Outlets to Open in Phoenix Sky Harbor’s T3 This Month
See our Economic Impact
View images from our image gallery.Individuals or companies seeking use of these images for commercial purposes must fill out a Public Records Request.
Watch videos about ongoing projects, museum exhibitions, new shops or restaurants, and much more.