Busy Spring Travel Season Made Easy with Travel Tips from PHX
After a record-breaking month in February, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport anticipates another travel peak in March with Spring travel.
Spring Break is in full effect, and in conjunction with the NASCAR Cup Series Championship and Major League Baseball Spring Training, we are guaranteed to be busy.
It is very important for passengers to plan ahead before they travel through Sky Harbor. Here are some travel tips:
- Arrive early. Give yourself extra time in case of unforeseen delays. Arrive at least two hours early if you are flying domestically, and three for international travel.
- Parking. Take a picture of the parking pillar closest to your car for easy reference when you return from your trip. We recommend parking at our new 24th Street PHX Sky Train® Station as it is often our least busy lot. Visit our Parking Rates and Directions page for rates, availability, directions, or to book your parking space.
- Book Ahead. If you are looking to rent a car, we recommend reserving it in advance as vehicle availability may be limited for walk-up customers.
- Reduce TSA Wait Time. Schedule a time to go through security checkpoint with our free PHX RESERVE Program. You can book your slot up to six days in advance.
- Ride the PHX Sky Train®. Avoid terminal congestion by using our 44th Street or 24th Street PHX Sky Train Stations® for pick up and drop off. Trains arrive every 3-5 minutes, 24 hours a day and take you to both terminals, the Rental Car Center, and East Economy Parking.
- Remember to look through your bags. Prior to arriving at the airport, check carry-on bags or purses for TSA prohibited items. In addition, travelers taking home a souvenir baseball bat from a Spring Training game will need to place it in checked luggage.
- Check flight status. Visit skyharbor.com to check flight status and to view security wait times.
For more travel tips, visit skyharbor.com. We look forward to welcoming you.