Get more convenience and amazing views in the modernized Terminal 3.
Terminal 3 Modernization is enhancing the customer experience for travelers by providing a more efficient way of getting through the terminal. The modernization was completed as three distinct components to maximize flexibility and minimize impact to travelers.
Major attributes of the program are:
- Consolidated security checkpoint
- Additional ticket counters
- Additional baggage processing capacity
- Additional baggage claim carousels
- New and expanded food concessions and retail
- Additional gates as needed
- Expanded curb for drop-off and pickup
The entire program cost approximately $590 million and was completed with in 2020.
Component 1: Terminal Processor
We're improving the way you travel through America's Friendliest Airport®.
In December 2016, Phase 1 of the new, modernized Terminal 3 opened to the public.
New features include:
- A new, consolidated security checkpoint to reduce wait times and get travelers to their gates faster.
- Overhauled HVAC systems and vertical circulation systems.
- New finishes in the interior and exterior.
- Additional airline ticket counters.
- More baggage handling capacity.
Component 2: South Concourse
Opened in January 2019, this component includes a new 15-gate South Concourse with new retail and restaurant opportunities, a 7,500-square-foot Delta Sky Club, the PHX Play-viation Park for kids, large airline hold rooms, and hearing loop connectivity in all gate areas.
The famed Phoenix Airport Museum will also continue to showcase unique public art on the walkway to the South Concourse and at the east end of the lobby on Level 4.
See the list of new restaurants and new shops in Terminal 3.
Read the press release announcing the debut of the new concourse, shops and public art.
Component 3: Terminal Passenger Flow Reconfiguration & North Concourse Concessions Enhancement
Component 3 provides an upgraded customer experience for passengers using the North Concourse, including food and beverage opportunities and enhanced customer amenities with new interior and exterior finishes. The opening of the North Concourse in February 2020 represents the the final major piece of the Terminal 3 Modernization Project.