Press Releases - 2016 Archives
Friendly Travel Reminders from America’s Friendliest Airport®
Phoenix, AZ – The 100 degree temperature mark has been surpassed and anticipation is building for summer travel. The Memorial Day holiday will kick-off the official start to the busy summer travel season at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, and America’s Friendliest Airport is offering the following tips for your summer getaways:
Give Yourself Plenty of Time – The airport is busy. In 2015, Phoenix Sky Harbor saw record passenger numbers, and March 2016 saw an all-time passenger high. Memorial Day is the official start of the summer travel season with July also busy. Travelers are encouraged to allow extra time checking in and getting through the security checkpoints. Arrive at least two hours before your flight departs if you are flying domestically and three hours if you are flying internationally.
Locals Know Where To Go – Are you in the know on avoiding roadway traffic and curb congestion? Locals Know that the 44th Street and Washington PHX Sky Train® Station provides a convenient pick-up and drop-off option for travelers. Offering a fast ride to the terminals aboard the PHX Sky Train®, the handy station also offers amenities such as Early Bag Check and kiosks to print your boarding pass. In addition to a free cell phone waiting lot at the station, there are also four-hour parking meters for those who want to hop aboard the train to meet their party at the terminal. To access the 44th Street PHX Sky Train Station from the 202 Red Mountain Freeway, exit at 44th Street and head south. The PHX Sky Train station is on the southwest corner of 44th Street and Washington.
Plan Your Parking in Advance -- America’s Friendliest Airport® has an abundance of parking options. Looking for close, convenient parking? Park in one of our terminal garages and use the Prepaid Discount Parking service. This is an easy-to-use online reservation system that gives travelers the option to book and prepay for parking in the Terminal 2, Terminal 3, or Terminal 4 garages. Visit Skyharbor.com/prepaidparking for additional details. Economy parking options are also available at East Economy Parking, the Terminal 2 Garage, the Terminal 2 Garage Upper Level and at the West Economy Park and Walk. A handy tool at Skyharbor.com/FindASpot allows users to search based on availability, convenience, or affordability.
• Check your flight status with your airline before coming to the airport.
• For updated information on parking lot and garage availability, visit skyharbor.com/FindASpot or call our 24-hour parking hotline at 602-273-4545.
• Be sure to look through your purse or carry-on bag before you come to the Airport. A forgotten weapon can cause you delays, hassles, and even fines. Visit tsa.gov for information about what can be placed in your carry-on.
• Flying American, Southwest or United? Use Early Bag Check to avoid checking your bags at the ticket counter lines. This service is available at East Economy Parking, the 44th Street PHX Sky Train® Station and at the Rental Car Center. The service is free, though airline bag fees apply. For hours of operation and more information, visit skyharbor.com/earlybagcheck.
• Phoenix Sky Harbor offers free WiFi. Be sure to check out skyharbor.com while you are at the airport for information on which shops and restaurants are near your gate.
• America’s Friendliest Airport® also offers a variety of tasty dining options, and travelers can dine in or pick up a meal to go. Many restaurants offer healthy options as well as vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options. Kid’s menus are available at select restaurants.
• More travel tips are available at skyharbor.com