Volunteer at the Airport
There are two options to volunteer at the airport.
Be a bright spot in someone’s day! Sky Harbor Navigators are a group of friendly volunteers whose mission is to make our guests’ experience at Sky Harbor Airport faster, easier and more enjoyable. Navigator volunteers serve all over the Airport by providing directions, information and friendly assistance. They also serve as a welcoming presence to over 100,000 passengers each day.
Navigators enjoy a sense of community, camaraderie and have a lot of fun in an exciting environment. As an airport volunteer you can enjoy;
- Serving the community and making new friends.
- Sharing knowledge, wisdom and experience.
- Developing new skills.
- Being appreciated by all who work at the Airport!
- Receiving the gratitude of thousands of customers traveling through the Airport!
Navigators are also recognized for their service at special events and receive training, uniforms and can earn free parking.
- Great communications skills
- Year round resident of Arizona
- Able to commit to one, four-hour shift per week
- Stamina to complete four hours of service with one 20 minute break
- Able to pass an FBI screening and qualify for an Airport security badge
Complete a Navigator Application or call (602) 273-4017 for more information. The program application is available year-round. The tentative dates below are to help you in your planning.
- June 27, 2019, 1-5 p.m.
- Sept. 18, 2019, 1-5 p.m.
- Dec. 10, 2019, 1-5 p.m.
Airports around the world are deploying teams of furry friends and their handlers to help de-stress passengers during travel. Meet our Navigator Buddy dogs and see when they are on shift. Click on the links in the following calendar to see photos of the dogs.
Information on signing up your pet therapy dog is at the end of this page.
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is happy to join the ranks of airports that provide this free pet therapy service to its passengers. The Navigator Buddies – dogs and their owners – volunteer a minimum of 2.25 hours per week at the airport. They walk the terminals offering opportunities for passengers to pet and enjoy some quality time with man’s best friend.
In order to be considered for the Navigator Buddies program, applicants must:
- Be registered and in good standing with a qualified pet therapy organization (Alliance of Therapy Dogs, Pet Partners or another pre-approved pet therapy organization)
- Have six months or more of dog therapy experience
- Be at least 18 years or older (volunteer handler); dog must be one year or older
- Be a year-round resident of Arizona
- Be able to commit to one shift per week (2.25 hours)
- Be able to pass an FBI screening and qualify for an Airport security badge
Interested in learning more? Fill out a Navigator Buddies application or call (602) 273-4017 for more information. The program application is available year-round. The tentative dates below are to help you in your planning.
- Aug. 14, 2019, 1-4 p.m.
- Dec. 4, 2019, 1-4 p.m.
See a schedule of the Navigator Buddies and when they will be in the terminals.